The information we collect
Why we collect it
We collect information about you so that we can personalise your use of the site, assist your use of the site and improve the site generally. Depending upon your selections for our data protection questions we may arrange for you to be sent information about related products and services from us and carefully selected third parties (see section below). You may update the answers to your questions at any time.
Who do we disclose it to
- We will only pass on information about you as an individual (as opposed to aggregate information) to third parties to enable us to perform services requested by you or with your prior consent.
- If you give your consent, we will pass your contact details to third parties who may then occasionally send communications to you to provide information, offers and services that may be of interest to you.
- We will only pass on information about you as an individual (as opposed to aggregate information) to third parties overseas to enable us to perform services requested by you.
Wilbur & Gussie is registered with the Information Commissioner in the UK as a "data controller" in accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998. Further details of the registration are available at www.ico.gov.uk
Keeping information about you secure is very important to us and certain sections of the site may encrypt data using SSL or a comparable standard. However, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure. As a result, whilst we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information which you send to us, and you do so at your own risk.
A cookie is a small file which is placed on your hard drive when you visit our website. We use information from cookies for purposes which may include:
- enabling you to add items to your shopping basket
- enabling you to move more easily around our website
- tracking your use of our website to better develop our website in accordance with your requirements
- building up an anonymous profile based on your browsing patterns across our website, which enables us to make content available to you that is more relevant to your interests
Parts of www.wilburandgussie.com and our billing process (which is transacted via SagePay) are automatic and we may process your personal data as part of www.wilburandgussie.com and the billing process.
Accessing and updating your personal information
We will always let you have a copy of personal information we have about you, should you request it, and you may correct it if you wish. Instructions about how to do this are available from firstname.lastname@example.org